SILICONE BRAKE FLUID (DOT 5)B500mL
- Key Specifications: DOT 5 (Silicone), US FMVSS 116 DOT 5. See all specifications
- Excellent braking feel due to stable viscosity over a wider temperature range than Polyglycol type fluids
- Does not absorb water and is safe for paintwork and non-toxic
- High boiling point > 300°C / (572°F) resisting fade and vapour lock
Would Suit :
SILICONE BRAKE FLUID is recommended for re-fill or top-up of brake and clutch systems in all vehicles and equipment that specify a DOT 5 Silicone fluid. It can be used for first fill or refilling system that already contains DOT 5 fluid. It is suitable for use in racing cars and motorcycles for competition applications as it resists the formation of vapours that can cause a loss in braking performance. It has an extremely high boiling point (>300°C), providing good pedal feel and fade free braking. It is not hygroscopic so will not absorb water maintaining stability through the life of the fluid.
SILICONE BRAKE FLUID is non-toxic and non-corrosive and will not damage automotive painted surfaces, hoses, seals or other materials. It is compatible with most modern braking system components including seals, calipers and brake hoses. It should be changed according to the manufacturers specifications.
- DO NOT MIX this product with DOT 3, DOT 4, SUPER DOT 4 or DOT 5.1 type brake fluids.
- DO NOT USE where low viscosity fluids such as SUPER DOT 4 ESP type fluids are required.
- Some ABS systems are systems are NOT COMPATIBLE with DOT 5 fluids. Care should be taken to use the correct type of brake fluid as recommended by the manufacturer of the system.
- For vehicles that require mineral based products, Penrite LHM Plus should be used.